Monday, September 18, 2006

Chugging along

Not much new to write about.

Last week was one of my better weeks in a while. I was pretty happy with that. We also had a "pod" Happy Hour at Little Woodrow's on Sixth last Wednesday. That was enjoyable, too. My coach picked up the tab, and we were able to discuss a lot of things about trading. Hopefully, I will be able to apply a lot of what we discussed to my personal trading. I also received my second paycheck last week - it was a little more than double the first one and still a far cry from the tech job paycheck. One of these days, whenever I am ready to step up to the plate, I know that will change.

Speaking of tech job, I had a nice run in with Intuit Tech support this evening. All of a sudden, my Quicken 2005 stopped updating from my financial institutions. I went through all the troubleshooting steps available online and found the problem. However, the web site said I need to contact Intuit for support if this problem occurred. I called and was on hold for 15 minutes (after the approximate wait time announced at the beginning of the call said "2 minutes"). I described my problem to the man, and he said that he could help me, but it would cost $25. I told him I diagnosed the problem for him, and that all I needed was the solution. He said it would still cost me $25. I told him I wanted to speak to his supervisor. The supervisor told me it would cost $25. I told her I was a software engineer and knew how these things worked (yeah right). I asked her if at any point and time in the super top secret solution steps, I would be asked to uninstall and reinstall the application. She said "Yes." I said "Thank you very much," hung up, and did just that. The program works like a charm now.

Let me just mention that I will be going out of my way tomorrow to try and short Intuit stock and make at least $25 off of their sorry asses. That was the most lame excuse to try to rip off their customers I have ever seen. Heck ... I might have to go away from using Turbo Tax next year just because of that. We will see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home